Showing all 7 results
Claude Le Sauteur is born in rivière Pentecôte in 1926. He studied at the École des Beaux-arts in Québec city under the direction of Jean-Paul Lemieux, Jean Dallaire and Omer Parent from 1945 to 1950.
When he left the École des beaux-arts, his path was drawn straight and bright in the Québec painting landscape. Involved in social aid, he takes part in numerous activities to raise funds through auctions and publication of silk-screen works.
Rooted in Charlevoix, an area he loves and that inspires him greatly, Le Sauteur paints the reconciliation of man and nature. In 1989, an exhibition of his works on paper was held at the bibliothèque centrale de prêts in Québec city. In 1991, a retrospective of his work was organized at the Villa Bagatelle in Sillery.
Le Sauteur has exhibited solo or in group many times, including at: Bibliothèque nationale in Ottawa ; Bibliothèque nationale du Québec in Montréal ; and Canadian cultural center in Paris. He became a member of the Royal Canadian Academy of Arts (1989), and an honorary member of the Cercle de la garnison de Québec. He also gets the Québec Lieutenant Governor Medal (1950) and The Alphonse Desjardins Medal (1984).